Human Subjects Researchers click here to access training.
Training for all other program staff and volunteers focuses on policies and issues related to the health, wellness, safety and security of children and teens. To start your training, click on any of the links below, or use the yellow navigation feature to the left.
- Recognition and prevention of child abuse and neglect
- Code of Conduct
- Supervision, safety and security
- Planning your program and event
- Medical issues
- A new policy — SPG 601.91 Clery Act Compliance — outlines the expectations of the U-M Division of Public Safety and Security and employees designated as CSAs in the university’s compliance with the Clery Act. Adults working with minors have been identified as CSAs and must complete the mandatory training annually in addition to the required CoC training modules. Any questions related to Clery training requirements can be directed to CleryAct-Compliance@umich.
Training for First Aid and CPR are optional and may be obtained from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
We update our resources and guidance materials regularly; please check back frequently for the most up-to-date materials.
Program administrators are responsible for ensuring that all required training has been completed.
- Training is valid for one year from the date of completion and must be renewed annually.
- Users should retain all successful training completion emails sent by the system in order to confirm appropriate retraining dates.
- Proof of completion should be retained by program administrators for a minimum of three years.
Each course includes between two and four lessons each, plus a quiz. After you’ve read all the lesson(s) within a course, you will be prompted to take the quiz to complete the course. Please complete all lessons in order.
After completing a lesson, check your email for a confirmation statement.
Training requirements differ depending on each individual program’s scope and activities.
Training for Human Subjects Researchers Click Here
|Recognition and Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect||Programs during which U-M is responsible for the supervision of children||Person(s) with primary supervision of day-to-day activities||All authorized adults who provide supervision of children|
|Code of Conduct||All programs||All authorized adults|
|Supervision, Safety and Security||Programs during which U-M is responsible for the supervision of children||Person(s) with primary supervision of day-to-day activities||All authorized adults who provide supervision of children|
|Planning Your Program and Event||All programs||Individual with responsibility for administration of the program||Program sponsor
Person(s) providing assistance for administrator of the program
|Medical Issues||Programs during which U-M is responsible for the supervision of children and last more than four hours||Person(s) with primary supervision of day-to-day activities||All authorized adults who provide supervision of children|
New user? Register an account.Login to manage your training and set up reminder emails