Creating a positive environment that promotes the health, wellness, safety and security of children and teens is of utmost importance to the university.
Each member of the university community and those participating in children and teen programming share a responsibility to report injuries and suspicions of misconduct, abuse or neglect.
All information reported will be handled in a sensitive and confidential manner.
The university offers several ways for individuals to report concerns, injuries and incidents:
- If immediate emergency assistance is needed, contact the police by dialing 9-1-1, or contact the Division of Public Safety and Security if on campus.
- Contact Risk Management Services at 734-764-2200 to alert them to the situation.
- In the event a child is injured while under the care of the university, program administrators are directed to contact Risk Management Services at 734-764-2200.
- Individuals wishing to report non-emergency information can do so at Risk Management’s Injury Report for Non-Employees
- To report wrongdoing anonymously, contact the U-M Compliance Hotline by calling 866-990-0111, or visit University of Michigan’s Compliance Hotline.