Training for program staff and volunteers focuses on policies and issues related to the health, wellness, safety and security of children and teens. Our training materials address the following topics:
- Program or event planning
- Code of Conduct
- Safety and security protocols
- Emergency planning and response
- First-aid/CPR and medication management
- Participant conduct management and disciplinary procedures
- Detecting and reporting abuse or neglect
Training for First Aid and CPR are optional and may be obtained from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross.
We update our resources and guidance materials regularly, please check back frequently for the most up-to-date materials.
Program administrators are responsible for ensuring that all required training has been completed. Proof of completion should be retained for a minimum of three years.
Training is valid for one year from date of completion and must be renewed annually. Users should retain all successful training completion emails sent by the system in order to confirm appropriate retraining dates.
After completing a lesson, check your email for a confirmation statement.